Welcome to SpokAnthro Dealers Den 2020!
Our Dealers Den is NOW OPEN!
Why You Should Apply For Dealers' Den at SpokAnthro:
Having your own table in the SpokAnthro: Circus of Fluff Dealers Den is a splendid way to showcase your artistic talents and make sales to the furry community, increase your business’ visibility to the region, and network with other artists!
- Full Table: $45 (72" x 30")
- Half Table: $30 (36" x 30")
We will ask you information about the type of art and/or merchandise you intend to sell. Please be as thorough as possible with your answers, especially the section about the type of merchandise you plan to sell. This information will greatly assist us in the curated selection process, so the more you can provide the better. Links to portfolios, websites, or galleries is strongly encouraged. Applications will be open until May 1, 2020 11:59:59 PM; late applications will not be accepted. This should give anyone interested in a Dealers Den table plenty of time to apply.
We recommend you apply for multiple sizes of tables. We will have 7 full size and 5 half size tables available this year, so applying for multiple table sizes will give you the best opportunity to join us in the Dealers Den.
Final announcements regarding approved applications will be made on May 15, 2020. If you have been selected for a table, a special item will be added to your registration shopping cart. You can pay for this item the same way you pay for your normal convention registration. Your attendee registration is not included in the cost of the table,and you must be pre-registered for the convention in order to apply for the Dealers Den. You can select "Pay by check" if you want to wait to see if you get selected to vend before you commit to attending. You must pay for your Dealer Den table and convention registration by June 5, 2020 11:59:59 PM or you will forfeit your Dealers Den space. You must also have your Washington State tax ID# recorded in our records by June 5, 2020 11:59:59 PM or you will forfeit your Dealers Den space. Temporary Washington State tax ID’s may be obtained from the Department of Revenue.
- Please use an email address that you check regularly, as this will be our primary method of contacting you. We are not responsible for the consequences of lost or unreceived emails. If you're expecting an email from us, make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder, and add email@example.com as a trusted contact.
- You must pre-register for at least an Attending membership to apply for a Dealers' Den table. This membership is in addition to table fees if your application is approved. Tables are non-transferrable and table fees are non-refundable.
- You may have a table assistant. Your assistant must also have a paid membership. Subletting, or sharing your table with another dealer, is not permitted.
- Please don't hang up flyers in the hotel. Feel free to hand out flyers. If you like, you may distribute copies of the Dealers' Den map with your table marked.
- SpokAnthro staff cannot help you carry items, set up, tear down, or watch your belongings.
- Please clean up after yourself each day, and especially when you tear down at the end of the convention.
- It is your responsibility to keep an eye on your email. We will send out several messages on our Twitter and Facebook accounts, as well as our website, letting you know when deadlines are approaching. If you don't get any response, whether accepted, rejected, or waitlisted, by the timeline mentioned once applications close, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
- Anything on display (visible to people near your table) must not be rated higher than PG-13. This may include the use of stickers to cover appropriate areas. Other materials may be shown to specific people provided you have checked their government issued ID to ensure they are of legal age. Items are NOT PG-13 if:
- It contains exposed genitalia or representations of genitalia.
- It depicts a sexual act.
- It depicts realistic violence where the victim is shown to be seriously injured.
- It depicts any other content that, according to State law, makes it unsuitable for younger viewers.
- Items that are considered completely unacceptable (and will result in a meeting with the Con Chair immediately) include items where the possession of, sale of, or the crossing of state boundaries which constitutes a criminal act, e.g. child pornography or bestiality. These items CANNOT be sold or displayed, period.
- Anyone who intends to sit or sell behind a dealers table will be required to sign a copy of the Dealers Den Terms of Agreement in addition to the one for regular convention attendees, and will be issued a special identifying "Dealer" ribbon to be worn with their regular convention badge. This ribbon must be worn and visible by anyone selling merchandise in the Dealers Den. Anyone selling merchandise without this authorization will be asked to leave the dealer's table. This ribbon can NOT be given to another person, and can only be issued from the Dealers Den staff by signing the Dealers Den Terms of Agreement.
How will dealers be selected?:
Dealers will be selected by a committee of several senior members of the SpokAnthro staff, each with years of experience in Dealers Den operations. We will make every effort toward fair and unbiased decisions to provide the best possible experience for both dealers and attendees.
- Now - Applications open on website.
- May 1, 2020 - Applications close.
- May 15, 2020 - Table announcements made.
- June 5, 2020 - Payment and tax ID deadline.
- July 24-26, 2020 - SpokAnthro 2020
- Standard Business License - If you have a standard Washington State Business License, then just add the sales of your products at SpokAnthro to your annual tax reporting and you're all set.
- Temporary Business Certificate - If you apply for a Temporary Business Certificate, then you can follow the directions on that document and report taxes yourself. You can read about and apply for the certificate here: Washington State Department of Revenue - Temporary business activity.
- Please remember your tax ID must be active and open on the dates of the convention.
No refunds, transfers, rollovers, or deferments will be given on any membership or table fees in whole or part.
Valuables at the Convention:
SpokAnthro highly recommends that dealers make use of their hotel’s safe deposit boxes or in-room safes (if available). Do not leave cash or other personal valuables in the Dealers Den overnight. Although we take every reasonable precaution to secure the Dealers Den after hours, we cannot guarantee the safety of your belongings.
We recommend that dealers request to be placed on the the first floor of the hotel as there are no elevators.